Modern advances in the fields of composites and plastics have produced some incredible results, particularly when we consider about the variety of products we have been able to create. These newly discovered flexible materials have seen widespread use to a number of factors, but mainly due to their excellent properties which make them useful in a wide array of applications, ranging from simple domestic ones to complex industrial uses.
Perhaps one of better uses of these flexible materials can be found in containers made to store various things, from food to liquids and even gases, including anything toxic or dangerous. This is possible due to the following advantages that many of these materials provide over conventional, rigid storage methods:
- Customizable – Flexible storage tanks and containers can be customised to as much as the manufacturer wants, being able to alter the shape, constitution, colour and even some other properties like rigidness and transparency. Due to this, it is easy to alter a container to suit a certain material that we want to store inside it.
- Convenience – Packages made with flexible materials are easy to carry around, which makes them ideal for many consumer goods we commonly use. Manufacturers aren’t the only ones who are pushing for such packaging: even the consumer seem to be demanding of containers that are reusable, lightweight and easy to carry around, all three properties which can be easily met by a few composites and plastics with few adjustments.
- Low Weight – While we have already mentioned about lightweight products above, it may be necessary to emphasise this point further, by talking about the usefulness of lightweight materials in other areas. For example, a frac bladder tank is one of the best storage equipment available, due to it being able to store a variety of liquids, from hazardous ones to something harmless like water, for temporary storage purposes. The lower weight makes it easier to carry around a large number of tanks in one go, which is something that cannot be said of conventional steel tanks.
- Lower Costs – Surprisingly, well-thought-out material designing has made many flexible storage systems extremely cost effective, to the point that they easily beat conventional solutions like rigid storage tanks in this department. The lower cost is also one reason why testing equipment like water weight bags have grown in popularity alongside storage options. To learn more please visit this website.
- Environment-friendly – Most flexible packaging is recyclable or at least reusable in some other form. Due to his, its sustainability is quite respectable, helping reduce the amount of waste that we produce each day. Being low on toxicity also makes them safer to use on a daily basis without the need of worrying about potential side effects on people’s health and the probability of catching diseases.